[ QUOTE ]
I dunno what you are talkin about honestly I don't care. And btw Ihave been to small schools and I have been to bigger schools. student pupil count has no affect on teh sports, there are still the same number of players on each team. And the fact that there are not any states around us that have Divisions. divisions do u no good. Norton has beat plenty of Division 2 schools with ease. So I don't see how a school that has 182 students playin against schools with 482 students is different than in division 2 where we have 395 pupils playin against schools that can have a enrollment anywhere up to 695 students. It makes no sense to have divisions that is all i am sayin.
[/ QUOTE ]
That's the biggest load of crap I've read on here. Just because you have one or two teams from smaller schools that are successful doesn't magically put schools with <300 kids on the same level as schools with 500+ schools. In football for example, for every Burton you've got pretty much EVERY Cumberland District team, most BDD teams, and the bottom half of the LPD.
When a school has more people, athletics have a bigger pool of people to draw from. Now, you have to admit, certain kids are just naturally talented in certain sports, and when you have more people to draw from, you've usually got more talent to draw from. Then, take in injuries. If you're on a team that barely has enough people to play, what happens if someone gets hurt? You're screwed. Schools with more people have an advantage over schools with less people. They have a deeper talent pool and more MONEY AND RESOURCES to get kids interested, playing, and better.



Bookmarks